Pages

They call me (Dead-Eye)... not really but I like it so...

Welcome to Dedi's place. This is a where you will find the mild ravings of a mad woodworker, some fishy tales, tasty recipes, and some good generalized BS.

Friday, September 14, 2012

"Remebrance" is finished , I'm pretty proud of how it turned out. I have decided not give it to the fall festival but make a different piece for the church. However I really am excited for that super special someone who is going to get it. But for now it will hang on my wall. I wouldn't say it was a difficult piece but the pillar, her hair and flowers were challenging. I think if I made one of these for sale I would probably charge 450-500. I spent about 20 hrs from start to finish.

For you inquiring minds she is 14" wide and 16" tall. I used the following woods.

Wings               Hard (curly) Maple
Dress                Cherry
Skin                  White Sycamore
Hair                  Yellow-Heart
Flowers             Bubinga
Leaves              Poplar
Pillar                 Walnut, Ambrosia Soft Maple, Butternut
Steps                 Ambrosia Soft Maple

I have already started on "Eagle in Flight" this is a commissioned piece I sold on ETSY, pics will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate and review all comments so your post may not be immediatly available.