Pages

They call me (Dead-Eye)... not really but I like it so...

Welcome to Dedi's place. This is a where you will find the mild ravings of a mad woodworker, some fishy tales, tasty recipes, and some good generalized BS.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

more on the angel

The angel is starting to take better shape now I have cut most of it, I cut the hair (yellow-heart) the flowers (bubinga), and the leaves (poplar) this afternoon. These are really hard pieces the leaves and flowers are about the size of small raisins. I liked the way the colors contrast and the flowers stand out. 

What I don't like is the way the pillar is looking I may end up cutting the whole thing again, I had already decided to leave out the small round embellishments. I tried a new method (for me) of cutting the two contrasting pieces, I stacked the two pieces and set my saw at a small angle and  cut them both at the same time. The theroy is you don't have any gaps and the pieces fit perfectly together. I seem to have cut at too much angle anyway I'm not sure what i'll do there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate and review all comments so your post may not be immediatly available.